Grinnell United Way supports organizations that support our great community.
Grinnell United Way's main priority is to a build stronger Grinnell community by improving education, financial stability, and health—the building blocks for a good quality of life. The way we do this is by partnering with and funding local organizations that are focused on bringing positive support and change to our community.
All funding allocation decisions are carefully reviewed by our Grinnell resident board members and approved based on the highest community needs compared to the applying local organization's programming. We primarily look for partners that serve people of all ages and backgrounds and with a focus on education, health, and income.
If you are a 501(c)(3) organization committed to serving people in Grinnell and Poweshiek County, you are invited to apply for funding from the United Way of Grinnell.
How to Apply for Funding:
- Identify how United Way funding can help your organization help people.
- Complete the Application for Funding and submit it by the deadline using the button below. The application period will open in spring 2018.
- In June, the United Way Board of Directors meets to determine its funding priorities, set its campaign budget, and review agency applications.
- In July we’ll notify you about whether we have fulfilled your funding request.
- If you would like to talk with us about your funding level, you can schedule an appointment.
- We disburse to agencies twice per year on December 31 and July 1.
Rules & Policies
- Your application must be complete, and include Grinnell-specific information.
- You may not perform your own fundraising campaign or activities during the United Way campaign October 1 to November 15.
- If asked, you must agree to help out with fundraising campaign activities (e.g. submitting promotional stories or photos and providing volunteers to assist with campaign events).
- You must give Grinnell United Way credit for funding your organization by including the United Way logo and/or statement of sponsorship on your promotion and information materials. Ask a board member if you have questions about this.
- Crisis Intervention Services
- Davis Elementary School Fourth Grade Outdoor Education Camp
- Girl Scouts of Greater Iowa
- Grinnell Community Daycare & Preschool
- Grinnell Ministerial Association
- Grinnell Recreation Department
- Heart of Iowa Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Iowa Legal Aid
- Local Foods Connection
- Mid-Iowa Community Action
- Montezuma Food Pantry
- Poweshiek County Extension
- Social Entrepreneurs of Grinnell